Saturday 29 September 2007

Lessons from the Geese

My daily (well almost...I don't usually go out in foul weather!) mountain bike ride before breakfast took me today to a favourite high spot on the Wolds overlooking the Ancholme Valley and Horkstow Bridge. From here I can see Winterton... a good place to pray over the town. A leafy ash protected me from a brief squall. Then it happened: A flock of geese came over from the Humber. I heard them before I saw them. They settled in the field behind me to my great delight, and I watched them through the hedge, hundreds of them, chattering, squawking and honking at each other.It was an absolute joy to be there. After 10 minutes watching and listening, it was time for me to go and as I emerged to where they could see me, they took off and then quickly got into formation before disappearing behind a distant wood. As I turned for home I reflected upon a very special experience, hardly noticing the rain and mud.
You may be surprised to discover that there's a lot we can learn from geese, especially in the areas of living and working together:
Spend a few minutes with this link (sorry about the bizarre name of it!):
http://www.cuttyhunkroseinspirations.com/geese.html
Next time you see a flock of geese, remember how important it is that we support and encourage one another in our life's journey together as God's people.

ps...while we're on the subject, FLY AWAY HOME is a film everyone should see. I've got the video:
http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/58/1858/synopsis.php

No comments: