Friday 7 December 2007

The task before you is never greater than the power behind you!




It’s been a crazy couple of weeks!
Lots of activity; many ups and downs:
Having returned from the bereavement course in London I then had to prepare for and deliver an All age worship on Sunday morning ( a sheer delight)
…followed by two days in the office as my assistant was on holiday
…then Games Club where we are working with a large group of mainly unchurched kids to produce ‘Cinderella’ in the New Year (going well)
…followed by newly established Men’s group (great fellowship)
…speaking to the Womens Fellowship about what a Community Chaplain is (will someone please tell me)
…then meeting 48 Year 7s at the Church on a RE trip (pop, crisps and Mr Bean. Then they asked me loads of questions. It was great!)
…then away down South to babysit our 3 young grandchildren for the weekend (such fun…they are a laugh a minute!)
….394 shoeboxes loaded and transported to Grimsby (what a vital work this is, bringing joy to kids at Christmas..see picture above and
http://www.samaritanspurse.uk.com/occ/index.asp)
….our Community Carol Concert with me in the band (fantastic—not me, I mean networking with all these folk in the community)
…. Games Club and Men’s meeting again
…. Christmas Lunch at Church, apron and all !
…and for most of this week my assistant has been off sick so I’ve been running the office.
....and I've probably forgotten several things.

My wife has been every bit as engaged as me, often involved in the same things.

So, when will we get the Christmas shopping done? When will I get the tree up? Fix the wash basin tap?
Who knows, but we’ll get there.

In all of this frenetic activity I still get some biking in to keep in trim, and most important of all, still somehow find time to ‘Wait upon the Lord’, though not as much time as I would like.

Judith reminded me of this word from Isaiah 40 (thanks Judith
http://www.wilmslow-worker.blogspot.com/)

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."


When necessary we can, in God’s strength, walk, run or soar… and as I reflect on these past days I have indeed been ‘on eagle’s wings’. Not that everything has gone perfectly, far from it.
But it is supremely true that the LIMITLESS resources of the Holy Spirit are at work in and through us if we will just say ‘Yes’
(
http://pauseforprayer.stblogs.com/finding-god/special-prayers/)
PS Finally got the tap fixed and the tree up at the weekend!

No comments: