Wednesday 10 December 2008

How to pray when you’re worried

‘DON’T WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING; INSTEAD, PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING…THEN HIS PEACE WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS. ‘ PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7 NLT

Are you worried today? Have you lost your peace of mind? Begin to pray this prayer until it takes root in your heart and becomes your fixed attitude:
‘Father, You told me not to be afraid because You are with me, You will uphold me, and those who come against me will not succeed (Isaiah 41:10-11).
You said no evil would come upon me, nor any plague touch my home for You have ordered Your angels to protect me (Psalm 91:10-11).
You said when I walk through rivers of difficulty (when I’m ‘in over my head’) You won’t let me drown, and when I walk through fires of adversity (when ‘the heat is on’)You won’t allow me to get burned for You are watching over me (Isaiah 43:2-3).
You said no weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17). I cannot keep the enemy’s weapons from being formed, but I know You will keep them from prospering.
You said if I ask anything according to Your will, You would grant my request (1 John 5:14-15).
You said when I walk in obedience before You I will be blessed when I come in and blessed when I go out, blessed when I lie down and blessed when I get up (Deuteronomy 28:6).
You told me to give all my troubles to You and You would take care of me (1 Peter 5:7).
So here they are!
Today I’m standing on Your Word.
You said it!
I believe it!
That settles it!
Amen.’

Thanks to The Word for Today www.ucb.co.uk.
See also my Sermons blog.

No comments: